“Maritime Allotments” is an organisation working to establish urban aquaculture in the harbour of Copenhagen and in other cities in Denmark and abroad. Formally established as an organisation in 2013, Maritime Nyttehaver now has close to 200 members.
Some past and current activities of the organization involve:
- 2011: First oyster experiment
- 2012: Second oyster experiment
- 2013: Tests of water quality and tissue samples from shellfish native to the harbor indicating very low levels of toxins and suitability for human consumption
- 2013: First mussel experiment
- 2014: First seaweed experiment
In addition to these projects the organisation has hosted numerous public events in order to create awareness and support for the organisation’s work.
Pictures from our projects and events can be found on our Facebook.
For more information please contact firstname.lastname@example.org